Wentzville Missouri History

A rare map from 1851 shows the area of St. Charles County, Missouri, before it was created. A new book on Wentzville's history offers readers a little-known account of the city's early history. The early photos in the book show horses and wagons tied together in rustic-looking buildings such as the old post office and the town hall. This map showed the location of the first church, the First United Methodist Church, at the corner of Main and Main Streets.

Tobacco stencils illustrate the economy before tobacco consumption in Wentzville, Missouri, in the early 20th century. The Liggett-Myers Tobacco Company was founded by men from the Wentzville area, according to the book's description.

The movement prompted slave owners in Western St. Charles County to abandon tracts of land along the railroad line to build stations for local communities. Mr. Allen presented a plan for a city that consisted of a station on the East-West rail line that ran between the city of Wentzville and the city of Kansas City, Missouri, about a mile south.

Not far from this small row of houses stood an old stone house built in 1885 by Nathan Boone, who was known for his father Colonel. His son Nathan's house was made of stone and was two stories high and stood there until 1890.

It was built in 1855 by Wm. M. Allen and contained a school, a wagon factory and four shops. In 1856, J. A. Davis built it, and it contained two houses, a shop and a church, as well as a house for his son Fred Davis.

Wentzville's slogan was "the crossroads of the nation" because it was at the intersection of two major highways, the Missouri River and the Mississippi River that crossed it. It was also in the middle of a major rail corridor, making it a convenient stop - away from the place for travellers.

Wentzville hosted the annual St. Gerard County Parade (also known as the Black Parade) on the grounds of the county fairgrounds. It was also famous for being the first and only base of the US Army Corps of Engineers in the state of Missouri.

Visitors can visit the restored homes of the St. Gerard County Historical Society and the Wentzville Museum of American History. It is located on the west side of the city, just south of Interstate 70, and is one of only a handful of historic homes in Missouri.

The Dortmund property is located on flat land formed by a stream that flows into the Missouri River, about three kilometers south of the city of Dortmund.

French hunters gave the name Les Petittes, which means "little hills," and the Indians gave the name of Portage de la Sioux. French settlers took over, and in the same autumn Louis Blanchette, surnamed Chasseur, was granted land. The first white settlement in St. Louis was built here, and tents were erected on the site of the "Portage des Sioux." The railroad passed through the Missouri, bringing settlers and furnishings to the few who were already resident in the new area.

American Indians also served as guides and messengers in wagons, offering game and other supplies to travelers. In fact, they regularly helped the settlers cross the plain, and many of them began to build their farms in the West. Although some settlers lost their lives in attacks by American Indians, this was not the norm, as they lost their entire lives to them.

With so many newcomers migrating west, the federal government entered into a contract with the Indians limiting them to a limited amount of land reserved exclusively for their use, while being able to give more land to non-Indian settlers. Under the treaty, they accepted limited territory, agreed never to attack settlers, allowed the government to build tracks and forts throughout the territory, and agreed never to attack them. In return, they committed not only to respect the boundaries of the tribal areas, but also to make all payments to the Indians.

The first stretch stretched about 6 1 / 2 miles from southwest of Annada to the Mississippi west of Mozier, IL. In 1851, to allay concerns, the US government held a conference with several local Indian tribes and established the Treaty of Fort Laramie. After hearing complaints from some local tribes about the lack of access to their territory and the fact that thousands of non-Indians were allowed to flood the region, they conveyed the government's assurances set out in Treat at Fort Laramies.

The second impact of the tornado occurred around 12: 10 a.m. on the morning of July 2, 1851, in the city of Annada, IL. The tornado caused significant damage and then damaged a home in Annapolis and a house in St. Louis County. It went further south, along Solidarity Drive, which is near the Franklin and Jefferson county lines, and further west to the Mississippi.

More About Wentzville

More About Wentzville